Friday, May 12, 2017

Freshman Year...in 100 Words


Once upon a time, I was a hyper-nervous, mostly-confused freshman. College began socially: an honors freshman retreat, campus ministry events, orientation. There were name tags, information fairs, class schedules, then classes. Bible studies. Lunches with friends. Professors (who were mostly cool). I survived first semester and winter break sadness and came back to more classes and a horizon full of adventures. I changed, grew, embraced spontaneity, tried new lattes, and assertively claimed my study spots on campus. I made music, hugged a lot of people, tried out dating, tasted freedom.

Most importantly, I was brave.

Sophomore year?

Bring it on. 

2 comments:

  1. You should feel so proud of yourself for finishing this year looking forward to the next. They say Junior year is hard but I think freshman year is hardest since you have to get to know everyone and a new place. I loved this 100 words (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea - stories in a 100 words! I'm glad Freshman year went well for you.

    ReplyDelete